Katerina

Katerina
She is my first

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

a catman

 I had spent some time to sculpt a cat mask. I had started over multiple times and then finally just pushed myself to finish it. Then I sculpted some ears and made some fang type dentures that would work for the make up. I did not apply my own make-up here. Chris hanson did the make-up and also let me borrow his contacts.
 I put a shirt and tie on to try to look like a sophisticated were-cat. Chris also made the claws as well. I grew a goatee for the look just to add a little more to the cat's appearance.

This was a lot of fun to do especially since I went out into public like this. Being in Utah I get the funniest reactions to it. No one over the age of 16 would look at me. Kids loved it though and would come up and talk to me and ask all kinds of questions. I even went into a book store and scared a couple of people who were reading in the chairs.
This is a bride of Frankenstein make-up I did for an event called An October Evening which is put on by Stephen Sommers and Crystal Edwards. Stephen had made a short film which had a bunch of classic monsters at a party and the Bride was one of the featured characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment