Katerina

Katerina
She is my first

Friday, December 10, 2010

second time around

 So after my first body paint photo shoot I wanted to get another one done as soon as I could. So I called up Isaac and talked to him about how excited I was about how the one photo shoot turned out. What made it even better was we submitted one of the pics for the pic of the day voting on model mayhem. It won!!! So we were both energized to get more shoots done.

So I went on to model mayhem and started talking to a few of the models who had either commented on my pictures and sounded interested in being a model to be painted. I had found Andrea Nielson on there and she had just started modeling. We talked over about 20 emails or so. She had a lot of questions and I want whom ever I am painting to know what to expect so I answered every question she had.




 Her husband encouraged her to do this which I think is great that she has that support from the one person in her life she needs it from. She was very natural at posing and her personality is wonderful.


So the design came to me after talking to her and finding out what she is interested in. She likes fantasy type stuff so I looked back at an old design I had done for the play The Tempest by Shakespeare. I had also brought along my friend Zach and his friend who actually ended up doing the hair for me. They took a red hair wig and put twigs in it and it worked perfectly for the design I had come up with.

 I had thought maybe we could say she is a wood sprite even though she looks more like a monster than a fairy creature. Part of why it turned out like this is my background up to this point had been mostly creature and haunted house characters. I tried doing more beauty make up on her face as to give her a more elegant look. I also had a thought of her looking at herself in a mirror like the character Narcissus from the old mythology's. Isaac happened to have this old wooden hand mirror and it brought everything together for the shoot.

 So in the end both Isaac and I had another great experience with these shoots. So after this shoot we had planned on doing another one. Andrea had a great time as well and she has done some wonderful photo shoots since then.

1 comment:

  1. Great combination of your painting, the hair, and the work by the model. Great photos of your work, too.

    ReplyDelete