Katerina

Katerina
She is my first

Saturday, December 18, 2010

This is Body Painting

 Body Painting/ Body Art is something a lot of people don't fully understand except that it looks cool. I have to correct people when I present it as an option for marketing or some kind of crowd draw. The most common thing that comes up when I talk about it is "I don't know if we/ I would like to have a naked person walking around representing me". My response is always this "did I say nude or naked once in what I just said to you?".
 Body art is not about someone being naked, it's not about something erotic. It is about art, and it's also about creating an illusion that brings someones imagination out. It's a perfect tool to draw the most attention to whatever your trying to sell whether it's your own art or a crowd of people to an event. It will bring more foot traffic to your booth at any kind of convention or expo than anyone else's.
The photo to the left was taken by Jay and the model is Bronwyn.
 This art form can be used in so many diverse kind of ways and it is one of the most effective things to use. It is a crowd pleaser and the best attention grabber. You don't have to paint someone completely nude in order to display it.  In fact most body paints are usually on clothed people. The ones people associate with are usually done in magazines and those mostly are on nude models. Outside of the ad/ print world of this art form the models have some kind of clothes covering their bodies.
 The picture to the right was taken by Jessi Fox and the model is Tycen.

 I personally have done a large variation of body paints from full nude to mostly clothed. I have done some shoots that tell stories between 2 different characters. I try to make each one something I could put up on my wall as a piece of art. I work at clubs doing this brings in more clientele for the business. I also will work private parties and that purpose is for the people at the party to have an experience of feeling like someone or something else. Doing promotions, expos, conventions and any other kind of event where you want as much foot traffic as possible will bring the majority of the people to you. It will be the most talked about thing at any event and people will go searching for it because of the talk about it. The nude part of the paint is only for specific things and  people usually don't  even notice that there are no clothes on the person. Body painting is also recommended by some therapists to help a person feel comfortable with who they are and look at themselves in a completely different light.
The photo to the left was taken by Travis Hoaglund and the model is James Morris. The photo below was taken by Michael Roberts and the model is Laura Watkins. The photo above was taken by Jay and the model is Emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment