Katerina

Katerina
She is my first

Monday, December 13, 2010

A multiple part blog

 The Halloween season of 2009 was busy. I worked at the Castle of Chaos for Chris Hanson and I also was helping out with multiple projects. I also did some make-up at Taylor Maid which is a theatrical make-up supply store as well as a hair product store. The sell pretty much everything related to Halloween, hair, movie/ theater stuff, wigs, beauty and hair supplies. They even have a salon in the store as well. The store owner is Rick Taylor who is a second generation make-up and hair guy from L.A.
 During this season I was approached my Nichelle Aiden (Nikki Moe) and her friend Andrea Jamie. They are students and couldn't pay me so instead they were going to some parties with a lot of money people who produce films so they were going to market me and hand out my cards while they went to these parties. I was also being approached to do some make-up for a movie called Soulless which was directed by Tom Post. The person who approached me was Bronwyn Haddock who is the lead and also one of the producers of the film. I have posted the long trailer for the film on the bottom of this post. Back to Nikki and Andrea.... so the Friday before Halloween they had set up a photo shoot with Victoria Wynn who happens to be a producer/ clothing designer/ author and many other things including a photographer. I painted Nikki with a peacock design and Andrea as a zebra.


 I love this picture of the shoot of them. I liked working with them they were fun and were easy to get along with. The next weekend which happened to be Halloween weekend they cam back and wanted to be painted as a demon/ devil and a zombie. They had set up another shoot with Stephanie Hutto who is an amazing photographer.

 While I was doing their make-up I had clients I had to do as well. Here is one of the make-up I did while juggling the other 2. During this particular experience I was thinking about if I ever got to do this kind of stuff at a party or a club I would be able to work on multiple people at a time.


 No matter how hard I tried to make Andrea look all mean and gross she turned out to be a beautiful zombie. Both girls had such great energy and were excited to go out and mingle with people and also hand out more of my cards. I had 500 business card but by the end of that weekend I probably had around 200 left. Perfect way to market yourself if your a body painter/ make-up artist.


 While I was working at the Castle of Chaos I had met a guy named Jay Simmons (he was introduced to me as Jeremy at the time). He would eventually open up a studio called Midlight Studios with his friend Zeke. I was also approached by Robinette who runs Chic Elite to help out with a Body Art Showcase which is a friendly competition for body painters. I had done a photo shoot with some of her girls during the Halloween season as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment